ALL THE YEAR ROUND BOWLS - INDOOR AND OUTDOOR
ERDINGTON RECREATIONAL TRUST
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR OUR MEMBERS
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK data protection laws, the controller is:
Erdington Court Bowls Club
Bowling Green Close
Birmingham B23 5QU
c/o 0121 747 5944
This privacy notice sets out the way we process your personal data and ensures you are aware of how we use your data as a member of our bowls club.
We have a Working Group to oversee our compliance with data protection laws who has overall responsibility for data protection compliance in our organisation. Contact details are set out in the "Contacting us" section at the end of this privacy notice.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
• Contact and communications information, including your contact details – email, address, telephone numbers, postal address and records of communications and interactions we have had with you
• Date of birth where relevant
• Financial information including direct debit details
• Certain other information which you volunteer when making use of your membership benefits (for example when making use of other Club facilities)
• Membership start and end dates
• records of your attendance at any events hosted by us;
• images in video and/or photographic form and voice recordings;
• your marketing preferences so that we know whether and how we should contact you.
• records and assessment of any player rankings, grading or ratings, competition results, details regarding [events/matches/games] attended and performance (including that generated through player pathway programme);
• We may also collect data about your health or medical conditions, where you have volunteered this, for example so that we can provide any assistance or can cater for you when you attend a Club social event.
2. SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION – we do not collect this sort of information
3. WHERE WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We typically collect personal information about our members when you apply to become a member of the club, when you purchase any services or products we offer, when you make an enquiry or complaint, either in writing or via our website, via our booking system or when you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or in some other way.
4. HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and,
where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express
- Administration of your Club membership
- Informing you about use of facilities
- Taking payment of membership fees
- Fulfilment of orders for goods and services
- Communication about our Club’s activities that we think may interest you, including information about competitions
- To answer your queries or complaints
- Research and statistical analysis about who is playing bowls in our Club
- To comply with health and safety requirements
- Promoting our Club and promoting goods and services of third parties (for example equipment suppliers, coaching and organisers of bowls events) where we think this will be of interest to you
Where you have given us your consent to use your personal information in a particular manner, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, which you may do by contacting us as described in the "Contacting us" section below.
Please note however that the withdrawal of your consent will not affect any use of the data made before you withdrew your consent and we may still be entitled to hold and process the relevant personal information to the extent that we are entitled to do so on bases other than your consent. Withdrawing consent may also have the same effects as not providing the information in the first place, for example we may no longer be able to provide certain member benefits to you.
5. YOUR MARKETING PREFERENCES
We will always respect your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive from us and how you want to receive them. There are some communications, however, that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences in order for us to fulfill our contractual obligations to you as a member of our Club. Example of these essential service communications are:
• Records of transactions, such as payment receipts or direct debit confirmation (as applicable)
• Membership related mailings such as your membership renewal reminder, notices of formal meetings and information about Club closures
6. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
We do not sell or share your personal data with other organisations to use other than as set our below or if it has been agreed with you.
• Our employees, volunteers and Club Officers for the purpose of administering your membership and giving you access to the membership benefits to which you are entitled
• The Government or our regulators: where we are required to do so by law or to assist with their investigations or initiatives.
• Police, law enforcement and security services: to assist with the investigation and prevention of crime and the protection of national security.
• Warwickshire County and Birmingham Bowling Association and may in the future be used to provide Bowls England with a club register for reasonable purposes in connection with the operation of the Club
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. For most membership data, this means we retain it for so long as you have a valid Club membership with an additional 6 months in case of late renewal of membership and for a period of six years after your last interaction with us (for accounting, tax reporting and record-keeping purposes)
It is important to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date, and you should let us know if anything changes, for example if you change your phone number or email address. You can contact us by using the details set out in the "Contacting us" section below.
8. YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
o the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used;
o the right to access the personal information we hold about you;
o the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
o the right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances;
o the right to restrict processing of your personal information where certain requirements are met;
o the right to object to the processing of your personal information;
o the right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider; and
o the right to object to certain automated decision-making processes using your personal information.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
If you have any queries about this privacy notice or how we process your personal data, or if you wish to exercise any of your legal rights, please contact us by using the details set out in the "Contacting us" section below.
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under ‘applicable data protection laws’ from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk
9. DATA SECURITY
We will take appropriate security measures against unlawful or unauthorised processing of personal data, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data.
All information is stored in locked filing cabinets if in hard copy format and/or stored electronically with, as a minimum, password protection.
10. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. When we change this notice in a material way, we will update the version date at the bottom of this page. For significant changes to this notice we will try to give you reasonable notice unless we are prevented from doing so. Where required by law we will seek your consent to changes in the way we use your personal information.
11. CONTACTING US
In the event of any query or complaint in connection with the information we hold about you, please email:[email protected]
or write to:
David Mitchell, Data Protection Manager
Erdington Court Bowls Club
Bowling Green Close
Erdington, Birmingham B23 5QU Update: March 2021